Are you an experienced senior community manager who is passionate about building relationships with influential leaders in tech communities around the world? Do you gravitate towards the program management side of community building: creating frameworks, processes, and playbooks, to help scale community programs globally? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, driven, and forward-thinking community manager to own and program manage the global community program, while also building lasting relationships with AWS community leaders and advocates.
This role will sit within our AWS Developer Marketing organization. Our goal is to win the hearts and minds of developers around the world by meeting them where they are and providing the right technical education, tools, and resources to enable developer success.
As Sr. Developer Community Manager, you will be responsible for owning, program managing, and driving a vision of growth for a prominent, global AWS community program. You will be responsible for creating mechanisms to maintain symbiotic relationships with community leaders who are influential within AWS communities, providing them with tools and resources to share knowledge of AWS at scale within their networks. You act as a liaison between community leaders and our internal Developer Marketing, Developer Relations. This role is a hybrid, part program manager, part community manager.
Position may be located in Seattle, WA, or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office only. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
Key job responsibilities
· Own and program manage a global community program, being responsible for overall program oversight, structure, benefits, growth, and member management.
· Drive program content, messaging, website strategy, and manage ongoing program marketing comms, recurring events, & management/onboarding of program members in partnership with internal stakeholders.
· Build and evolve program resources to expand on the community program members’ experience, owning the benefit fulfillment process.
· Work closely with AWS Developer Relations, Product, and Field Marketing stakeholders, to scale this developer recognition program globally.
· Create frameworks to enable internal stakeholders to manage relationships with community leaders, by partnering and providing influencers with platforms to share their AWS stories in-person and online.
· Manage processes for analyzing and quantifying the reach and impact of the community program, and evolve the program structure as needed based on data-driven analysis and to align to shifting business objectives.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications, community management, and/or digital/high-technology companies/product management
· 7+ years experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
· A Bachelor degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.
· Proven track record in building community engagement/advocacy programs.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility.
· Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
· Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
· The candidate must also be a leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior leadership.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to thrive in ambiguity.
· Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $102k - 160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.