Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our businesses driving long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
As an Applied Scientist on this team, you will:
· Build machine learning models and perform data analysis to deliver scalable solutions to business problems.
· Perform hands-on analysis and modeling with enormous data sets to develop insights that increase traffic monetization and merchandise sales without compromising shopper experience.
· Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production.
· Design and run A/B experiments that affect hundreds of millions of customers, evaluate the impact of your optimizations and communicate your results to various business stakeholders.
· Work with scientists and economists to model the interaction between organic sales and sponsored content and to further evolve Amazon's marketplace.
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving.
· Research new predictive learning approaches for the sponsored products business.
· Write production code to bring models into production.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· MS with 4+ years of industry experience or Bachelors with 7+ years of experience in Quantitative field (CS, ML, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
· 4+ years of experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab)
· Experience in creating data driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
· Highly skilled in data and math/statistical methods (i.e. modeling, algorithms)
· Evidence of using of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc. in data analysis projects
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles.
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models and infra for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with non-technical and technical audiences.
· Experience working with large real-world data sets and building scalable models from big data.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Exhibits excellent business judgment; balances business, product, and technology very well.
· Experience in computational advertising.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us