This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2022.
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as a Loss Prevention Intern. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Loss Prevention Intern—opportunities nationwide!
As a Loss Prevention Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by leading the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset protection (to include people, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) in a designated fulfillment center (FC). The Loss Prevention Intern is a key member of the Security and Loss Prevention organization, reporting to the Loss Prevention Manager whom is responsible for the facility and aids interns in a project benefiting the team. The Loss Prevention Intern may also assist the cross functional teams within the site including Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Audit, Security Services-Retail/CS/Corp, WW Physical Security Systems and Design, and Inventory Control Quality Assurance.
The Loss Prevention Intern’s primary responsibility will be supporting the efforts of the Loss Prevention team in the implementation of standardized, cost effective and efficient security services program for their assigned FC(s). This will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access and inventory control effectiveness, the protection of the FC’s employees and visitors and improvements to non-security department related productivity such as business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow, etc. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
· The position is NOT a corporate role and will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment
· Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2022
· Must be willing to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
· Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
· An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
Key job responsibilities
· Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
· Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to your area are fulfilled.
· Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud.
· Manage access controls within the assigned FC to reduce the risk of unauthorized data access.
· Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members.
· Align performance and actions with and clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and the department.
· Meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model.
· Serve as department’s liaison for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance.
· Drive process improvements and increase efficiency.
· Identify, promote and implement security best practices in a designated FC.
· Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives.
· Coordinate data collection through database polling or data entry from multiple FCs and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations.
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation):
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree with a conferral date between December 2022 and August 2023
· Working towards a degree in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Asset Protection, or other related field with interest in a career in Loss Prevention
· Experience with physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, or distribution center loss mitigation techniques.
· Organized and detail oriented. Accuracy is something you strive for.
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
· Ability to motivate self and others to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Confidence when public speaking or writing a paper.
· The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
For Colorado based jobs: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $16.75/hr. Relocation may be provided as a part of the compensation package. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.