Help us shape the future of Alexa where it not only responds to requests you make but also proactively anticipates what you might need next and informs you of it at the right moment. We are looking for a seasoned data scientists to optimize several diverse voice and visual experiences across Amazon Echo products.
As a member of the Science team in the Alexa Experiences and Devices organization, you will be solving key challenges in how customers learn about and interact with voice assistants, and enable customers to get the most out of our products. You will design and develop fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms that are applied to natural language processing problems. You'll work with senior scientists and engineers within Alexa and develop high quality software that is robust, reliable and scalable.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Scientist to help build industry-leading ML technologies. You will work on problems spanning dialog systems, personalization, contextual bandits, recommender systems, and reinforcement learning, developing novel solutions using large-scale real-world datasets. that help provide the best-possible experience for our customers. You will partner closely with engineering and product teams to build, evaluate, and deliver your solutions. You will develop innovative solutions that enable Alexa to learn from past customer interactions to drive future engagement and utility.
What You Will Do
· Step in as an experienced member of data science team and establish technical credibility quickly, and help recruit elite data scientists
· Contribute to setting up the analytics vision for the team, and develop and execute on a roadmap that addresses the major questions faced by the domains we serve.
· Raise the bar for data analytics quality and impact. Stay up to date on metrics both within and complementary to the Alexa technology space and helping both your team and the larger org utilize tried patterns and state of the art results to work smarter and faster.
· See it through — don’t stop at delivering a report or a model, use your work to influence and create durable change in how leaders at Alexa think about problems.
· Solve problems durably — design processes, tools, and programs that solve entire categories of problems without you or your team’s direct intervention.
· Hands-on practitioner - You yourself are actively involved in performing data analysis, A/B experimentation and modeling with large data sets to develop insights that increase device usage and customer experience.
· Work closely with product managers and software engineers to design experiments and implement end-to-end solutions. Communicate the results of your optimizations to various business stakeholders.
· Develop the skills of junior members through mentorship and training.
· Prototype new data sources and act as a feeder to Ml team
· Develop data driven insights that will push new product ideas forward
· Help with reporting and perform deep dives to help Alexa leadership make data driven decisions
· Develop actionable insights through your work that will set the tone for how we optimize content in Alexa and think about Feedback
· Standardize measurements across Feedback and AERO programs to help builders and customer of platform speak a common language
· Masters degree with 4 years of analytics experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in R, SQL, Python or related language
· Proficiency with Big Data SQL (such as Hive or Spark)
· Demonstrated experience with optimization and/or recommender systems
· Experience with advertising systems
· Experience with programming languages such as Scala, Java or Python a plus
· Excellent written and oral communication skills on quantitative topics for a variety of audiences: product managers, designers, engineers and business leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.