Are you excited at the prospect of conducting research to improve the employee and manager experience at Amazon? Would you like to see your findings have a real impact on key HR programs and processes? Join the Talent Management team that supports the Advertising, IMDb, Grand Challenge (AIGC) organization (one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon).
We are seeking a Senior Research Scientist with expertise in mixed-methods research, preferably in social science and behavioral research, but are also open to experience in public health, economics, or similar fields. In this role, you will lead and support research efforts within the Recruiting, Talent Management, and Leadership & Development space.
You will help set the direction for science and research in the organization. You will be a thought leader on the team, partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders to identify and develop impactful areas for novel research about talent and recruiting outcomes, mechanisms, and programs. You will mentor and provide scientific expertise/peer review to other scientists and analysts on the team.
The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving skills, excellent business acumen, as well as an expertise in both qualitative and quantitative methods. This role will need to navigate complex and ambiguous business challenges by asking the right questions, understanding what methodologies to employ, and communicating results to multiple audiences (e.g., technical peers, functional teams, business leaders). Translating business and stakeholder needs into realistic and actionable scientific research will be a regular challenge in this role.
· Leading scientific direction, providing consult, mentorship, and peer review.
· Partnering closely and driving effective collaborations across multi-disciplinary science, analytics, HR, and business teams. Reviewing and scoping research requests, and recommending appropriate scientific methodologies.
· Designing, developing, and executing qualitative and quantitative data collection, research, and experimentation. Strong experience with statistical analysis required. Experience with survey development and experimental design (including quasi-experimental) preferred.
· Communicating findings and business impact effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 5+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
· 3+ years experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to business problems and products
· Experience conducting end-to-end scientific research in an applied setting
· Strong statistical analysis experience (regression, ANOVA, factor analysis, propensity-score matching, causal techniques)
· Proficient in R or Python.
· Experience with SQL. Data querying and cleaning experience required.
· Experience in experimental design, survey development/item writing, and validation
· Experience with quasi-experimental design and observational studies
· Proficient communications (written and verbal) of technical information for non-technical audience
· Advanced skills in R or Python. Proficiency with SQL.
· Experience as a technical and scientific leader/mentor for multidisciplinary teams
· Experience leading complex (beginning to end) research projects with multiple stakeholders
· Proven experience providing thought leadership and consultation to educate and influence key stakeholders, including demonstrating the downstream business impact of your research recommendations
· Advanced statistics and machine learning experience (Ridge/lasso/hierarchical regressions, hierarchical linear modeling, longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis, SEM/Path Analysis)
· Experience using and researching with single-item measures
· Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.