Maintenance Technician II (L3)
About Maintenance at Amazon
is at the heart of ’s . We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & (RME) are the partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Maintenance Technician II, you will use your skills to support the Maintenance in repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and pneumatic systems throughout the building. You will have the opportunity to install, maintain and repair automated packaging and distribution equipment. In addition to developing your skills, you will junior technicians to grow in their roles.
What Do We Offer?
offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there is more: We provide lightweight fire resistant daily wear and composite toe safety shoes for your safety!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures Complete preventative maintenance routines with proper documentation
· Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) which includes belts, motors, photo-eyes, relays, and more
· Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the facility Track and store department inventory
· Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
· 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
· High school or equivalent diploma
· Associates or higher from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical
· years of with automated conveyor systems and controls years of in the repair of material handling equipment
· years of conducting predictive and preventative maintenance procedures 1+ years of metal and wood fabrication
· 1+ years of blueprint and electrical schematic reading
· 1+ year of knowledge with electrical and electronic principles
· years apprenticeship or equivalent in the Mechanical or Electrical
· with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
· with a Computerized Maintenance System (CMMS) with robotic operation and maintenance
· Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us