The Strategic Recruiting Team at Amazon is part of the executive recruiting organization and takes a proactive, high-touch approach to building strong talent networks in critical talent groups of long-term value and importance to Amazon. One of the critical talent groups this team specializes in is design, which at Amazon ranges from art and creative direction to UX/UI to User Research to Prototyping. We also hire specialists like hardware designers, motion designers, voice designers, and new and emerging modalities.
As a Strategic Recruiter in the Design Recruiting practice, you will cultivate relationships and drive the recruiting process for our most senior design talent across all businesses at Amazon. You will work with your recruiting peers to gather and synthesize talent requirements to launch a search. You will identify and engage passive leadership prospects through targeted search strategies. You take the time to learn clients’ business needs and problems. You prioritize diversity in your strategies and drive inclusive, positive candidate experiences. You vet design leadership prospects and match this talent to existing searches or identify opportunities to create roles top talent. You partner closely with our market intelligence and design community building teams to establish and develop your network of design talent.
Our team appreciates big thinking, we like to experiment with new strategies, and care deeply about candidate driven experiences. We appreciate recruiters who share this passion and lead with curiosity and relentless customer obsession.
This position can be based at Amazon corporate offices where you will have fellow strategic design recruiting peers: Seattle, WA / San Francisco, CA / Los Angeles, CA / Austin, TX / New York, NY
- 5+ years of full-life cycle recruiting experience
- Experience working cross-functionally with a number of internal constituents, academics and world-class subject matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated success meeting hiring goals for senior or niche talent
- Experience recruiting Creative/Design/UX talent strongly desired
- Leadership recruiting experience preferred
- Strong behavioral interviewing skills
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
- A compelling communicator able to engage the attention of passive, executive leaders; able to convey complex arguments through business writing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.