At Amazon, we are obsessed with customer trust. Information Security enables Amazon business leaders to securely develop and operate to maintain Customer Trust by guarding the confidentiality and integrity of Amazon and customer data.
Our teams focus areas include: Enterprise Access risk reduction, access health best practices, managing preventive and detective access health controls. Our mission includes instilling awareness and controls to safeguard all customer and employee data, applications, services, and assets. To accomplish this, we unite with Amazon organizations to identify access risks and manage them pro-actively.
This role is for a Software Development Engineer - Identity & Access Management (IAM) who will work on building products for processing large scale access events, deriving access patterns and presenting them to various stakeholders via a consolidated product layer.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer in the IAM space, you will work on the development of new Access Health products aimed at enhancing and optimizing the access risk posture.
A day in the life
Your day-to-day job responsibilities will include:
• Drive the design, implementation and deployment of efficient, robust products to deliver access risk lifecycle management capabilities.
• Adopt an iterative, continuous improvement approach to release and deploy product features.
• Work in an agile environment, collaborate with peers on designs, technical refinements, code reviews, testing and customer issues.
• Develop/ adopt testing frameworks and implement test plans to improve code quality and facilitate continuous delivery.
• Build reusable code patterns including API’s, libraries, SDK’s etc.
• Lead design reviews to ensure all software development efforts are tactically aligned.
• Mentor fellow engineers and drive engineering excellence.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• 5+ years of Java or other object-oriented design and software development experience including working knowledge of standard libraries and design patterns.
• Experience in implementing and using RESTful APIs for an API-first application architecture.
• Experience building microservices and knowledge of microservice patterns.
• Experience in developing quick to adopt libraries and SDK’s.
• Experience in building products for Identity governance and analytics.
• Experience in building security products with large data sets.
• Working knowledge of AWS compute, storage and other security capabilities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.