Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic products in the condition and with the functionality they are expecting. We design and implement policies, tools, and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon. Our greatest challenge is protecting buyer trust without unjustly harming good selling partners. To strike the right balance, we invest in mechanisms which allow us to accurately identify and mitigate risk, and to quickly correct and learn from our mistakes. This strategy includes continuously evolving enforcement policies, iterating our Machine Learning risk models, and exercising high‐judgement decision‐making where we cannot apply automation.
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage a team of risk specialists and investigators who will identify, assess, and drive remediation for risks within Perfect Order Experience. The candidate must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
Key job responsibilities
The right candidate is someone who thinks big, understands risks and enjoys innovating brand new controls/solutions to mitigate risks.
• In accordance with Amazon’s authenticity and safety standards, manage a team who plans, performs, and coordinates the completion of assigned Perfect Order Experience projects and investigations within deadlines.
• Use independent judgement in routine and non-routine situations.
• Comprehend and apply policies and procedures.
• Identify gaps and mitigate risks observed in our current mechanisms and policies to increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations by providing recommendations using professional judgement to safeguard Amazon’s global marketplaces.
• Understand the work of other team members and challenge their understanding of current mechanisms and policies in order to further mitigate the risk of Buyers receiving inauthentic products.
• Work closely with stakeholders within Customer and Brand Trust by communicating appropriately to process owners and management during and at the conclusion of project. Perform follow up procedures to ensure agreed-upon controls have been implemented.
• Prevent Seller Partner friction by maintaining excellent relations with stakeholders and Selling Partners while communicating issues, concerns, and recommendations.
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
• Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
• Adept at being a change agent by bringing solutions/ideas to tackle any challenge.
• At least 5+ years of experience working in relevant industries such as law, customer service, operations, investigations, project management, program management etc.
• 5+ years of people management experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Exceptional written communication skills - able to write, clearly and succinctly
• Exceptional ownership and bias for action – willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident
• Strong critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically
• Proven analytical thinking with a natural tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
• Excellent cross departmental collaboration skills
• Experience working in risk, fraud or compliance organizations
• High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
• Strong enthusiasm to provide superb customer service to executive leadership and other key stakeholders
• Proven ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situation
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.