Alexa is the voice-first personal assistant AI available through over 100 million devices and counting.
Every single day, it is getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, games, and more. But did you know that Alexa can adjust based on your feedback? Want more of the content you just saw on your Echo show screen? Grateful that Alexa reminded you to reorder dogfood? Never want to hear local sports updates? Let Alexa know (via voice or touch) and over time she'll adapt to your preferences.
Key job responsibilities
As a UX Designer, you will lead, define, and drive multimodal (screen and spoken language) interfaces for existing and upcoming Alexa experiences and devices. You must be an innovator, since you will be expected to create solutions for exciting and ambitious ideas for which no interaction paradigm currently exists. You must be extremely proactive, because you will regularly find yourself in uncharted territory where the key to your success will be to get ahead of the curve. You must be a collaborator, as you will be working side-by-side with product managers and engineers to bring your designs to life. You must be a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into leading-edge customer-focused solutions. And most importantly, you must excel at conceptualizing multimodal experiences in the abstract, communicating them effectively to the larger team, and driving that vision into solid design deliverables. You will advise on roadmaps, set CX strategy, invest in research to drive customer-centric decision making, inspire divergent thinking to inspire creativity, spend time with customers to build empathy, and create core feedback experiences in Alexa.
· An internet-accessible portfolio of your work. Please provide as part of your resume.
· 3+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, or multimodal designer
· 2+ years of experience working on world-class, consumer-facing digital products across a variety of media.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· A background in product design, UX design, multimodal design, voice design, conversational design, product design, and/or user research.
· Demonstrated ability to influence product teams and product decisions via design and research.
· A track record of ground-breaking work from idea discovery & brainstorming through to delivery & learning from live product experiences. You should be able to tell us why you made decisions you made in past work, and how you approach learning & validation in new spaces.
· Exceptional communication (written and verbal), collaboration, and presentation skills.
· Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
· Recent experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.