Are you looking for your next Program/Project Manager role, but not sure where to start? Well, you have found the right place! At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who are extraordinary at getting stuff done. You will support the Amazon Web Services Solutions Architecture (SA) organization in community investment and engagement by designing, building, and delivering programs to meaningfully connect employees and local nonprofit organizations. You will excel at building deep relationships with nonprofit organizations, understanding how best to match their needs to Amazon Web Services.
The Americas technical field organization is building the workforce of the future with the most diverse and outstanding customer focused talent in roles for Solutions Architecture and Customer Solutions Manager. To complete that mission we are creating the team that will be designing and managing programs to recruit, train, transition, and continually develop talent, supporting Diversity and Inclusion, Leadership Development and establishing our footprint in the community.
This position is responsible for creating the strategy and execution of community engagement in order to attract talent in untapped and diverse markets with a focus on building long-term, innovative, and high impact programs that leverage Amazon’s unique assets and culture. The role will work closely with key partners to develop and implement outreach programs and initiatives that increase AWS visibility in communities within the Americas. You will utilize program planning, event marketing and communications expertise, project management and collaboration skills as well as coordinating and communicating business outcomes and results.
The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player. This role is for you if you seek a role in which you can strongly contribute, learn, build, and be challenged, able to demonstrate the following:
- You manage complex initiatives, delivering critical solutions, significant improvements, new mechanisms, or deprecating processes that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams in and/or across organizations.
- You are accountable for the overall strategy of a large program. You successfully manage all stages (from concept to delivery). Your program meets challenging business goals and/or shows measureable improvements in your customer’s experience, business or employee efficiency or execution, compliance adherence, financial or other metrics, etc.
- You understand the interdependencies of the business problems you help solve (e.g., aligned workflows, customer requirements, process limitations, legal or compliance requirements, program support, etc.). You influence team priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions. You are able to make a case for project priorities, resource (e.g., assign current employees to work on the project, budget, travel, etc.) allocation, and/or appropriate program adoption, to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve a deficiency, or unblock delivery.
- You communicate ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs. You foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus). You partner successfully with customers, stakeholders, and engineering teams.
- Your program management practices set a great example to others. You routinely and efficiently deliver the right things. You define clear goals and objectives. You drive crisp decisions in your program area about what projects move forward and in what priority order. You proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of your team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
- You are a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
- You actively participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others - improving their skills and ability to get things done.
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- A proven track record of developing highly-impactful, large-scale programs that deliver positive community impact.
- Experience building community relationships.
- Experience with budget management and driving results using metrics and analytics, providing a cadence of progress reports against annual goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Desire to work with others and take on ambiguous tasks.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong professionalism and grace under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- High EQ, maturity, and good judgment.
- PMP highly desirable.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.