===== Virtual Location =====
Are you interested in building software security solutions that protect systems and data across an entire enterprise? Are you interested in working backwards from the customer to ensure you're solving the right problems? We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us build the next generation of security automation, capable of securing systems and resources on a massive scale, powered entirely by AWS. If you are not an AWS power-user, you will be after working with us. This is a rare opportunity to join at the early stage of a critical project.
Our organization is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data. We're connected to all parts of Amazon's business and its massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We enable the Amazon business to build, architect, and operate their enterprise-scale systems securely on AWS.
In this role, you will be involved in the design, development, testing and integration of identity and access management systems and solutions. Our problem space presents the opportunity to innovate in areas such as enterprise scale resource management in the cloud, real time cloud intelligence, and building systems that make it easy for service owners to build and maintain secure systems. You will be an active member of a highly creative and passionate engineering team developing core services in the area of identity and access management, security and data privacy. You will also have the unique opportunity to provide inputs to the next generation of AWS services by representing one of its largest enterprise customers, Amazon.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They will thrive in and help lead fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design and intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology. And of course, a demonstrated passion for security doesn’t hurt!
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Design experience with multi-tenant, role-based architectures with granular permissions models.
- Knowledge of modern and existing IAM standards and protocols for Authentication and Authorization such as MFA, OAuth, Open ID Connect, SAML and FIDO
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers with other engineers working under your guidance
- Expertise in one or more AWS products/service
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective software engineers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy