Are you interested in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, NLP, computer vision, optimization, or quantum computing?
Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
If this describes you, come join our science teams at Amazon Product Graph Team. As an Applied Scientist, you will have access to large datasets with the text information, images, customer behavior data etc of billions of products to build large-scale systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
We are looking for smart scientists capable of using a variety of domain expertise to invent, design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
Amazon has positions available for Applied Scientists across multiple locations in the US and Canada.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.