Are you excited about driving business growth for millions of sellers by applying Machine Learning? Do you thrive in a fast-moving, large-scale environment that values data-driven decision making and sound scientific practices? We are looking for experienced data scientists to build sophisticated decision making systems that help Amazon Marketplace Sellers to grow their businesses.
Amazon Marketplace enables sellers to reach hundreds of millions of customers and provides sellers the tools and services needed to make e-commerce simple, efficient and successful. Our team builds the core intelligence, insights, and algorithms that power a range of products used by millions of sellers. We are tackling large-scale, challenging problems such as helping sellers to prioritise business tasks by bringing together petabytes of data from sources across Amazon.
You will be proficient with creating value out of data by formulating questions, analysing vast amounts of data, and communicating insights effectively to audience of varied backgrounds. In addition, you'll contribute to online experiments, build machine learning pipelines and personalised data products.
To know more about Amazon science, Please visit https://www.amazon.science
Key job responsibilities
· Collaborate with domain experts, formulate questions, gather, process and analyse petabytes of data to unearth reliable insights
· Design & execute experiments and analyze experimental results
· Communicate insights effectively to audience of a wide range of backgrounds
· Formulate relevant prediction problems and solve them by developing machine learning models
· Partner with data engineering teams to improve quality of data assets, metrics and insights
· Leverage industry best practices to establish repeatable science practices, principles & processes
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Engineering with at least 08 years of relevant work experience
· Strong programming skills in Python / PySpark/ Scala
· Proficient in SQL / Window Functions
· Strong foundation in Statistics / Machine Learning
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
· Ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical members
· Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
· Masters or PhD in a quantitative field
· Skilled at breaking down complex concepts and communicating effectively
· Expertise in developing recommender systems
· Experience in e-commerce domain