Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we’re just getting started changing the way millions of people around the world enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys; Amazon Original hit series made in Germany like BEAT, Bibi & Tina, Deutschland89, Inside Borussia Dortmund, Pastewka, You Are Wanted, the forthcoming drama series Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo and the comedy show LOL: Last One Laughing; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and I Am Your Woman, plus live concerts and live sports including UEFA Champions League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios’ Local Originals Strategic Planning & Analysis team for Prime Video is shaping the future of digital video entertainment for customers around the world. Our mission is to create engaging stories that look and feel locally and culturally relevant, help make Amazon Studios a global home for talent, and support our local TV and film communities and partners. Amazon Studios is looking for a candidate who can build on the Local Originals team’s early success and help define our future.
The Local Originals Strategic Planning & Analysis team is seeking a Senior Strategy Manager to join our Amazon Studios group in Germany. The Strategy group is responsible for guiding Prime Video’s Local Originals selection plans, including supporting the greenlight process. The Strategy group works closely with senior leaders across Amazon Studios and Prime Video, including Creative Development, Content Acquisition, Finance, Business Affairs, Legal, Marketing and Production, and has a high degree of visibility within the organization.
We are looking for a Senior Strategy Manager who can support the Local Original content strategy in Germany for Amazon Studios in order to increase global customer acquisition and engagement for Prime Video. You will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and be supporting key aspects of the business. Using your previous experience developing complex data-driven projects, you will have the opportunity to present and deliver results in a dynamic way, improving quality for both our customers and your team.
Key job responsibilities
· Support creative leads in greenlight and renewal assessments, including content valuation and portfolio analysis, leveraging existing economic and programming mechanisms
· Balance global scale/practice with local Customer Obsession in content and strategic planning processes
· Work with local Creative, Marketing, Finance, and Business teams in each territory to support holistic content strategies
· Support capacity (e.g., budget, production facilities) and headcount planning, and other areas to drive scale for the Local Originals organization
· Help identify deep, actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our global customers on a recurring basis
· Perform extensive competitive analysis and benchmarking, and identify and report on market trends
· Monitor slate performance, track progress, and understand sources of variance and recommend areas to course-correct
· Help implement standardized processes across territories to drive scale and efficiency
· Author business-driving documents that surface key learnings and provide recommendations for our go-forward content offering
· Liaise with Local Original cross-functional stakeholder teams such as Content Acquisition, Business Affairs, Legal, Production, Post, Localization, Marketing, PR, Finance, Accounting, Research, etc. to identify new initiatives and drive them through execution
· Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience in business, finance, marketing, film/television, or related fields
· Multiple years’ experience in a highly analytical environment (e.g. management consulting, corporate analytics, strategy and operations, or other roles requiring a blend of analytical and cross-functional work)
· Excellent quantitative skills and strong experience with modelling and data analyses
· Writing and verbal fluency in German and English
· Ability to evaluate complex content and/or business opportunities
· Deep knowledge of the TV and digital video landscape
· Experience using complex modelling and analysis to inform key business decisions. Highly proficient in excel.
· Experience in data mining, data management, reporting, and SQL queries
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· End-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.