The Offers Experience (OffersX) vision is to ensure every customer shopping on Amazon can conveniently discover, compare and purchase items with confidence—at any point in the shopping journey—regardless of the seller, brand, store, fulfilment channel, or shopping format. We present the best and most relevant offers for every customer’s shopping mission, based on the traits they care about most (price, etc.)—contextualizing the experience through an intuitive CX, to help customers optimize their time and maximize Amazon’s shopping benefits. It is our mission to ensure that a high experience bar is met while accelerating innovation and experimentation across Amazon within our feature sets via extensible frameworks, self-service workflows and robust guardrails. Across OffersX, our products directly drive ~98.8% of all units purchased on Amazon WW.
Our team leverages sophisticated econometric, machine learning, and big data technologies to help customers to discover the right products at the right prices from millions of trusted sellers billions of times a day. If you are looking for a career-defining opportunity on one of the most customer centric and business impacting teams within Amazon, we’d love to hear from you.
· Develop new econometric models or improve existing approaches using scalable techniques
· Extract data for analysis and model development from large, complex datasets
· Closely work with engineering teams to build scalable, efficient systems that implement prototypes in production
· Apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment
· Distill problem definitions from informal business requirements and communicate technical solutions to senior business leaders
· Drive innovation and best practices in applied research across the Amazon research science community
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· Basic Qualifications
· PhD in Economics
· 5+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· Fluency in at least one statistical software package such as R, Stata, Matlab, SAS
· Preferred Qualifications
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged
· Strong background in statistics methodology, machine learning, applications to business problems, and/or big data
· Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, experience with SQL and / or working in a Unix / Linux environment is a plus
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· Strong research track record
· Effective verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.