Would you like to be part of a team that redefines how educational institutions approach technology? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you want to be part of the solutions architecture team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud computing platform?
As a Senior Solutions Architect (SA) for our Canada customers you will own customer technical engagements, diving deep with them and being hands-on with technology. You will evangelize and educate, remove technical sales blockers through knowledge transfer and partnerships, define implementations, and transition architectures. The SA has technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, application architectures and implementation. You will use these to develop expertise in AWS, including deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated.
You will possess deep technical skills in software architecture and cloud computing as well as customer facing skills at all levels of an organization. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Key job responsibilities
• As a strategic member of the AWS Solutions Architect team, you will act as a trusted advisor to our Canadian Education customers
• Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful customer engagements
• Contributing to RFI and RFP responses
• Share customer and partner feedback to internal product management and engineering teams to help drive the future of AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solutions Architect community
• Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Contribute to internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge
Open to travel, up to 20% of the time when required for customer meetings
AWS training during onboarding process can require travel to the USA for up to 5 consecutive days; this is typically in your first 3 months of Amazon employment
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 7+ years of systems architecture design, software development, infrastructure build and management, or implementation experience
- Executive speaking and presentation skills, including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
- 4-year college/university degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or similar fields; in lieu of degree, we will also consider additional work experience
- Extensive experience as a consultant or solutions provider to external technical customers
- AWS certifications or other external, industry-recognized architectural certifications
- Experience with AWS technology and related technologies such as virtualisation, networking, storage, and data management systems
- Understanding of government compliance, security frameworks and regulations
- Technical pre-sales or sales experience
- Experience with public-sector customers, ideally educational institutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with or for solutions integrators
- Experience working within the software development or internet industries: this is highly preferred
- Understanding of application, server, network security, and government compliance and security certification models and processes: this is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of software development and engineering practices, as well as internet/web and service-oriented architecture / web services technologies: this is highly preferred
- Operational experience with website / web services, as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience
- Deep business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy - market analysis, cost-benefit analysis, RFP/acquisition support, etc
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.