UX Design at Amazon brings the practices of Interaction Design, Visual Design and other product design disciplines together into a single, user-centric design enterprise. Our UX designers are experienced product design generalists who are capable of producing great UI concepts, developing those concepts into complete and well-documented frameworks, producing great visual concepts, and developing and delivering those concepts in high fidelity with highest-quality fit and finish.
The Business Analytics and Software Engineering Team exists within Global Customer Fulfillment Services to support the next generation of processes and technology through the development of robust data sets, operator tools, and mobile applications. Our rapid pace of application development means you will be involved in project conception, design, development, and deployment. As such, you will work directly with subject matter experts across Worldwide Operations, Amazon Robotics, Finance, and our Industrial Engineering Teams. You will work directly with customers during deployment, giving you an opportunity to see your work in action, quickly gain feedback, and learn from your design choices.
As a UX designer, you will own and drive the design for multiple applications and platforms that support Global Customer Fulfillment Services. You must be able to tackle complex technical interaction problems. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers, leading design throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle.
Key job responsibilities
· Create, communicate, and test customer journeys, information architecture, wireframes, interaction flows, motion and transitions, HiFi interactive prototypes, and visual design
· Deliver CX specs, assets, and redlines to engineers.
· Own the CX from beginning to end, including working hand-in-hand with engineers and PMs until the product/feature is built to spec, polished, and achieving the CX and business goals.
· Work inventively around constraints and navigate ambiguous situations.
· Create guidelines and evangelize best practices to create an excellent customer experience for Amazon users.
· Work collaboratively with other designers, product managers and engineers to develop world class results.
· Build relationships and communicate effectively with local and remote cross-functional teams.
· Present designs to senior management, defending design decisions, advocating for the customer, and building consensus.
· Ardently defend the customer as well as internal and external business needs.
· Rigorously generate data to build a deep understanding of products in order to make informed design decisions.
· 1+ years of design experience
· Bachelor’s degree in design, human computer interaction (HCI), or a related field
· An available online portfolio
· Experience in both visual and UX design.
· Creativity, strategic thinking, solid design process.
· Excellent written, communication and storytelling skills.
· Ability to deliver high-quality solutions in a rapid, iterative design and development environment.
· Responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a collaborative, multi-tasking environment.
· A passion for connected devices.
· Experience with learning system design.
· Experience with voice-driven product design.
· Experience with motion design.
· Ability to expertly articulate ideas, design decisions, and design work to senior level stakeholders.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $78,500 - $137,500 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.