Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In Project Kuiper Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable our program to design and engineer the future of LEO Satellite based broadband services. We are an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization. We build with AWS technology to develop the best solution for our team to succeed. Our team succeeds when the entire Project Kuiper organization can scale as needed to be successful.
Key job responsibilities
- Provision and manage AWS infrastructure, including EC2, CloudFormation Templates, AppStream, and Load Balancers.
- Build dash boarding and alarming to drive operational excellence.
- Work with a wide range of technologies, and AWS products.
- Build AWS Application Environments including VPC, EC2, RDS, SSM, S3.
- Architect and setup infrastructure on AWS and AWS gov-cloud environments.
- Analyze and Support setup of new devices connectivity to applications.
- Monitor network connectivity between all internal and external systems.
- Work closely with Application leads to understand needs and plan for infrastructure demands.
- Drive automation of routine tasks to help scale the operations.
- Maintain hardware architecture documentation for all infrastructure and networking components.
Export Control Requirement: Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
About the team
Amazon’s Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- 4+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- 4+ year experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments using Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, or Bash/Shell.
- 4+ years of experience with agile software development practices.
- 5+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) at least hundreds of machines.
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
- Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex systems
- Experience with configuration management systems such as cfengine, Chef, or PuppetExperience with open-source technologies.
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Automation, testing or monitoring framework development experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.