We are innovating on how customers globally interact with Amazon products and services, and are looking for a software engineer to help us revolutionize the voice translation and language learning space. Like challenging, fast pace environments and have a passion for data, languages, and other cultures? Enjoy working with engineers in and organization that deals with some of the largest scale problems across Amazon? If so, the Alexa Translations SayHi team wants to talk to you!
As a Software Engineer you will work with your manager to lay out and own the architectural vision and engineering leadership for a team of highly skilled software engineers in the voice translation and language learning space. Engineers at Amazon are thought leaders and force multipliers who help develop and enhance the talent around them. In this specific role, you will get to work with the latest AWS, ASR and NLU technologies in the industry to build voice translation and data solutions to benefit all of Amazon. In partnership with the rest of the Alexa organization your team will assist in accelerating Alexa international expansion. This is a unique opportunity at Amazon with great exposure to various uses of data in machine learning!
If you like to work hard, have fun, and make a difference, this is the team for you!
· Act as a builder and architect, design, and develop world class, scalable distributed systems.
· Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
· Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will be able to serve broader Amazon.
· Help develop long-term technical and business strategies in the translation and language learning space.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Bachelor's degree (Graduate degree is a plus) in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, related technical discipline
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes (Scrum, Kanban)
· Experience with Test Driven Development or writing unit tests
· Preferred experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software
· Multilingual (any language other than English)
· Mobile development experience
· Educational software experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.