Are you interested in applying Econometric and Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems in the world’s most scientific people experience and technology organization?
The Amazonian Experience and Technology (AET) team is looking for a passionate Economist with strong analytical and communication skills to support our goal of becoming the most scientific people experience and technology organization in the world. The team is responsible for developing scientific forecasting solutions to increase the efficiency and quality of services provided to Amazon’s growing workforce. This includes forecasting demand, analyzing the causal impact of new events and policies on our services, and building automated solutions using state of the art statistical and machine learning techniques.
We are looking for a motivated economist with strong analytical skills who desires to work at the intersection of economics, machine learning, and operations research. In this role, you will be involved in time series forecasting, leveraging correlation and causal analyses to understand the impact of different variables on our operations, as well as in determining the optimal allocation of resources across service areas. You will partner with Economists, Applied Scientists, and Engineers to constantly innovate on behalf of our employees.
· PhD in Economics or closely related field
· Experience in forecasting time series using traditional time series methods and/or machine learning/deep learning techniques,
· Strong background in time-series econometrics and statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data,
· Proficiency in R or Python,
· Proven track record in research and solution of business problems leveraging techniques from economics or related disciplines,
· Effective verbal and written communications skills,
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.