Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Key job responsibilities
Amazon Robotics is seeking an exceptional Human Factors & Ergonomics Engineer, someone that is excited to work on complex real-world challenges and drive solutions. Your investigations will define human factor /ergonomic thresholds resulting in design and implementation of safe and efficient technologies, workspaces, and processes for our associates. You will identify fundamental questions pertaining to the human capabilities and tolerances in a myriad of work environments and will perform studies that will drive decision making on a global scale.
Your responsibilities include:
• Co-designing and assessing work processes and workspaces that adhere to human factors / ergonomics standards worldwide.
• Producing comprehensive conceptual and usability assessments of technologies, workstations, and processes covering biomechanical, physiological, and psychophysical demands.
• Effectively communicating your design rationale to multiple engineering and operational entities.
• Traveling to our various sites to perform thorough assessments and gain in-depth operational feedback, up to 25% of your time.
About the team
The AR Ergonomics team develops, assesses, and improves human enabled systems to enhance operational safety, productivity, and usability. We do this by defining human centric design requirements, methodologies, and applications early in the life cycle, and then validate the designs to ensure maintenance of compliance and best practices.
• BSc. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Life Sciences (e.g., Biology, Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics), Human Factors / Ergonomics.
• 2+ years’ experience conducting comprehensive conceptual and field-based human factors /ergonomics assessments.
• Experience with tools such as: Siemens JACK/Process Simulate digital human modelling technologies, NIOSH Lifting Equation (LI, CLI, VLI), Liberty Mutual MMH Tables, Duty Cycle Equation, Revised Strain Index, OCRA, 3DSSPP, EEPP.
• Experience conducting laboratory studies in human performance using motion capture technology, electromyography, metabolic carts, etc.
• M.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Life Sciences (e.g., Biology, Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics), Human Factors / Ergonomics.
• Knowledge of common biomedical signal processing techniques and working knowledge of implementation in Python/MATLAB.
• Professional Human Factors / Ergonomics certification, or ability to become certified.
• Experience with UX methods including heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, rapid user profiling, contextual inquires, RITE.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.