At Amazon Prime Video we are passionate about using data and analytics to delight our customers by understanding their preferences to produce and acquire their favourite streaming content.
As an Economist in the Prime Video Content Analytics team you will be responsible for delivering research, econometric models, and analysis to optimize content selection as an input to our business and customer engagement and acquisition as an output. The models you develop will drive changes in digital video content selection to ensure we’re providing customers with the best possible experience while optimizing our costs.
We are looking for an Economist who is able to provide structure around complex business problems, hone those complex problems into specific, scientific questions, and test those questions to generate insights.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you know how to deliver results fast, and you have a deeply quantitative, highly innovative approach to solving problems, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
· PhD in Economics is a must
· Post doctoral experience in academia, private sector, consulting or government
· Experience with programmatic scripting languages for data analysis (e.g. Python, Stata, R, Matlab)
· Proficiency in applying empirical techniques in reduced-form causal analysis
· Ability to distil and communicate relevant scientific insights to senior business leaders
· Confirmed track record of academic publications
· Deep experience and knowledge of specific microeconometric empirical techniques (e.g. experimentation, difference-in-difference models, matching and doubly robust methods)
· Demonstrated ability to leverage data and/or models to drive organizational impact and change in a private or public sector context
· Ability to identify and successfully pitch the value of new ideas to business leaders
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.