The Production Planning Team (PPT) is comprised of high-powered dynamic teams which are shaping fulfillment execution through the development and application of innovative labor planning mechanisms and techniques. Our goal is to improve and enhance the Amazon Fulfillment network to ultimately drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner that is truly world-class.
This Sr. Data Scientist role will join the existing Business Intelligence organization within PPT, and will leverage automation, machine forecasting, and scientific research to improve planning accuracy across North American Customer Fulfillment.
Role is available in: Nashville TN, Seattle WA, Arlington VA, and Phoenix AZ
Key job responsibilities
· Partnering with research and data science teams to improve accuracy and features within existing models
· Support strategic complex statistical analysis for executive level decision making
· Launch new modeling aimed at automating labor metrics across North America
· Partner with software teams to support integration of models and enhanced logic into portal-based tools
· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field with three years of working experience as a Data Scientist
· 5+ Years Experience in SQL, R, Python, or another scripting language
· Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis.
· Knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning
· Experience deploying machine learning models at scale
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field
· Track record of bringing state-of-the-art techniques into production
· 5+ years of experience in data science
· Experience in Natural Language Understanding / Natural Language Processing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.