Do you want to join Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI), the science team behind Amazon’s intelligence voice assistance system? Do you want to utilize cutting-edge deep-learning and machine learning algorithms to delight millions of Alexa users around the world?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then come join the Alexa AI team. We are responsible for the deep learning technology that is central to the automated ranking and arbitration to optimize for end-to-end customer satisfaction.
Key job responsibilities
As an Applied Science Manager you will lead the science efforts to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. You will also:
· Build a strong and coherent team with particular focus on automated ranking and arbitration, sciences, and innovation
· Serve as a technical lead on demanding and cross-team projects, and effectively collaborating with multiple cross-organizational teams
· Apply technical influence on partner teams, increasing their productivity by sharing your deep knowledge
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of experience building natural language processing systems
· 5+ years of experience with underlying ML techniques and algorithms development
· 5+ years of experience leading large-scale projects and managing technical teams
· PhD in Computer Science
· 8+ years of experience with state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical modeling techniques
· 8+ years of experience leading large-scale projects
· Experience in working web-scale systems; high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems, particularly search engines
· Ability to work well with people, helping to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Excellent communication, design and analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.