Are you excited about driving business growth for millions of sellers by applying Machine Learning? Do you thrive in a fast-moving, large-scale environment that values data-driven decision making and sound scientific practices? We are looking for experienced science / software development managers to build sophisticated decision making systems that help Amazon Marketplace Sellers to grow their businesses.
Amazon Marketplace enables sellers to reach hundreds of millions of customers and provides sellers the tools and services needed to make e-commerce simple, efficient and successful. Our team builds the core intelligence, insights, and algorithms that power a range of products used by millions of sellers. We are tackling large-scale, challenging problems such as helping sellers to prioritise business tasks by bringing together petabytes of data from sources across Amazon.
You should have a proven track record of leading a team to deliver scalable, personalised data products that have created significant business value. You will be able to break down complex information and insights into clear and concise language and be comfortable presenting your findings to audiences with a broad range of backgrounds.
To know more about Amazon science, Please visit https://www.amazon.science
Key job responsibilities
· Lead a group of scientists and software engineers to deliver solutions utilising machine learning and other advanced algorithms to solve business problems
· Hire and develop top talent, provide technical and career development guidance to both scientists and engineers
· Develop science and engineering roadmap, run sprint, quarter & annual planning, foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects
· Advance team's engineering craftsmanship and drive continued scientific innovation as a thought leader and practitioner
· Partner with data engineering teams to improve quality of data assets, metrics and insights
· Leverage industry best practices to establish repeatable science practices, principles & processes
· 2+ years experience hiring and leading scientists / software engineers to create business value
· Masters in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
· Hands-on experience with big data, machine learning and predictive modeling
· Strong foundation in Statistics / Machine Learning
· Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
· Ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Technical leader with 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing scalable, distributed software systems
· Successfully delivered at least one project end to end applying machine learning to create significant business value
· Skilled at breaking down complex concepts and communicating effectively
· PhD in a quantitative field