Are you interested in building state-of-the-art machine learning systems for the most complex, and fastest growing, transportation network in the world? If so, Amazon has the most exciting, and never-before-seen, challenges at this scale (including those in sustainability, e.g. how to reach net zero carbon by 2040).
Amazon’s transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience – from online checkout, to shipment planning, fulfillment, and delivery. Our software systems include services that use tens of thousands of signals every second to make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, that integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, that manage business rules for millions of unique products, and that improve experience of over hundreds of millions of online shoppers.
As part of this team you will focus on the development and research of machine learning solutions and algorithms for core planning systems, as well as for other applications within Amazon Transportation Services, and impact the future of the Amazon transportation network. Current research and areas of work within our team include machine learning forecast, online reinforcement learning, and anomaly detection models, among others.
We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist with a strong academic background in the areas of machine learning, signal processing, statistics and/or optimisation. Expertise in either of the following areas will be appreciated:
- Probabilistic Machine Learning
- Graph Neural Networks (GNNs), Temporal Graph Networks (TGNs), and/or Graph Deep Learning (GDL)
- PhD in Computer Science, AI, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in ML (alternatively, MSc. and 5+ years in a ML scientist role).
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals, and the state-of-the art, in relevant areas of ML.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in ML research and ML systems.
- Strong coding skills in Python.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience, and strong expertise, in any of: Probabilistic Machine Learning, Graph Neural Networks (GNNs), Temporal Graph Networks (TGNs), and/or Graph Deep Learning (GDL);
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, and/or others.
- Experience working effectively with research science, data engineering, and software engineering teams.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and applying the state-of the-art.
- Strong publication/scientific track record.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.