Alexa is the groundbreaking voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our team's mission is to develop state-of-the-art on-device keyword spotting technology that provides delightful device invocation experience to the customers. As an Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in speech and audio processing. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive new initiatives.
Prior domain knowledge in speech, natural language processing, or computer vision is strongly preferred; solid knowledge of fundamentals of statistics, machine learning, and deep learning is required. Candidates should possess strong software engineering skills and several years of industry experience or a PhD in related disciplines.
Candidates can work in Sunnyvale or Seattle.
A day in the life
As part of the wake word team you will be involved in inventing new deep learning and speech recognition techniques to significantly expand the capabilities of on-device keyword spotter systems, build new speech recognition models, deploy those models to Production, deploy, measure, and analyze various performance metrics, and work with stakeholders to communicate important operational insights to leadership to improve customer experience of end-users of a variety of Alexa devices and services.
- PhD or equivalent Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Track record of developing novel Deep Learning, Machine Learning or Speech Recognition techniques and methods
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Proficiency in software development
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.