We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
Amazon Prime Air is looking for a Security Engineer to focus on our applications, systems, and infrastructure security. You are obsessed with customer trust. You have breadth and depth of security knowledge and can identify and advise on security across multiple areas of an organization. You will work to help other teams create solutions while developing strong security culture and practices.
You have industry-leading technical abilities and are strong in multiple domains. You work with groups throughout Amazon Prime Air to help them integrate security at all levels of their projects. You are involved in hands-on security assessments, develop and provide guidance, and advocate security engineering best practices. You proactively and continually improve your level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, information security, and relevant technologies.
Export Controls License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Bachelor's Degree or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in application, secure software or system design
- 5+ years of experience in a development or security role working with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Working knowledge of global data privacy, information security regulations and policies
- 4+ years of experience in developing security policies and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of standards, tools, and processes supporting privacy and security
- Significant experience and detailed technical knowledge in multiple areas of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, BGP and other routing protocols)
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the common languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- Experience in data privacy or security compliance in a highly technical environment
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Experience designing and/or reviewing the security of systems in conjunction with a development team
- Experience in risk identification, secure software design, secure architectures, security testing, or vulnerability detection or remediation
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.