The AWS Human Resources Operations and Analytics organization is a critical piece of the AWS flywheel. We are the curators of people data for the industry leader in Cloud Computing. As pioneers in this space, we get to answer new and interesting problems in the People Analytics space, always at scale, and across a variety of business and technical leaders. Our data is sourced from a variety of internal and external sources. The work we do enables leaders to continue to make industry shaking decisions with the knowledge that they are doing so based on reliably sourced and responsibly secured data. We own systems and database environments which are built with reliability and security as the foundation on which balances accessibility, speed, scale, and insight generation. Our systems of self-service data today will quickly evolve into self-service insights in 2022 and beyond.
Research Scientists on this team have end-to-end range and capabilities. They work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments, retrieve and aggregate data from multiple sources, and compile it into a digestible and actionable format. They also gather and use complex data sets across domains, work closely with product managers, and lead the development of key machine learning features from development to deployment in a cross-functional team.
The successful candidate will create documents and share findings in line with scientific best practices for both technical and nontechnical audiences and occasionally present research result at internal and external conferences. They will also work closely with Amazon worldwide operations and the People, Experience, Technologies team to define key business objectives, metrics, and data science deliverables, as well as lead the development of key machine learning features from inception to production in an agile development environment.
· 5+ Years of experience in data science/analysis/engineering/research
· 3+ Years of experience applying statistics/data science/machine Learning
· 5+ Years of scripting experience in Python/R or other scripting languages
· 2+ Years of SQL experience
· Master's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related scientific, technical, or engineering field
· Background in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, People Analytics, Talent Management, Geospatial Analyses
· Expert-level knowledge of SQL
· Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Glue, Redshift, EMR, S3, EC2, Lambda will be used regularly in this role
· Experience as a leader/mentor of data analytics resources
· Experience documenting modeling for technical and business leaders
· Experience working with data engineers/business intelligence engineers collaboratively
· Experience in ETL Management/Data Pipeline experience
· PhD in scientific, technical, or engineering field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.