This position is available in Austin, Arlington, Seattle, and NYC.
Amazon’s Developer Security Operations team is looking for an experienced security leader, helping to keep Amazon’s services, applications, and websites secure As a security leader, you will own building and managing a team of security engineers and leaders, fostering a strong team culture. You and your team will be responsible for reviewing and testing our new services before release, partnering closely with our development teams to produce innovative and secure solutions. We're looking for a leader that's highly passionate building a high performing security team.
You will be in direct contact with Customers and internal Amazon teams in a variety of business verticals, giving you first-hand knowledge about how Amazon is built and how it operates at a deep, technical level. Additionally, you will leverage the knowledge you gain to find new ways to drive improvements Amazon’s software development life cycle. This role will provide you with challenging technical opportunities and the opportunity to grow your skills with mentorship and support from a team of world-class security engineers, everyone working with a singular focus of maintaining Customer trust. You need to be successful at multitasking, be self-motivated with a willingness to learn new skills, contribute to the teams’ development of runbooks, escalate and communicate effectively to stakeholders, and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information. You must demonstrate resilience and navigate ambiguous situations with composure and tact. Above all else, a strong sense of Customer obsession is necessary to focus on the ultimate goal of keeping Amazon and its Customers secure with the highest priority
Key job responsibilities
• Lead security engineers, technical program managers, and support engineers responsible for ensuring the security of Amazon’s software and services.
• Collaborate with partner technology and security teams on information security issues, providing strategic leadership and insights to ensure desired outcomes
• Own all facets of team hiring, performance management and career development.
• Provide technical and soft skill coaching to maintain a motivated, innovative and effective team.
• Track and report on key results and initiatives being delivered by the team.
About the team
Our organization manages the security of Amazon’s software development lifecycle. From ideation to launch, you will have direct impact across the company as you enable Amazon developers and product teams to build and operate secure systems and services. We are a small, but rapidly growing team with high level visibility and cross-company initiatives. We work hands-on with engineers to identify security issues, assess the security risk of complex systems, and craft creative solutions to ensure secure software and services. We are currently experiencing incredible growth and want you to be a part of it!
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work
· 5+ years experience leading, managing and developing high performance security teams.
· Well versed in business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
· Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Knowledge of security fundamentals and common application vulnerabilities,
· Strong sense of Customer obsession, ownership, urgency, and passion
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Experience working with and managing teams across multiple locations
· Experience architecting/operating/securing Amazon Web Services
· Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.