Woot!, Amazon’s daily deal platform, is seeking a paid social media guru to join our creative team. We are seeking a self-directed social media expert to develop and implement our social media strategy to drive new followers to our handles, and to keep them coming back. Woot!’s paid social is a little different than traditional paid ecommerce social – we’re not always driving site traffic and we’re not always promoting products. We use social as a way to engage with our customers and to keep them coming back to our pages, as an extension of our on-site experience.
Wanna own management, measurement, execution and action plans for our paid social media marketing? Please say yes to that. What else? You should possess an inherent awareness of social media tactics and strategies – specifically how to use content to drive growth and retention on your channels. You’re passionate about social media with proven experience using methods to increase brand engagement and reach. You have sharp judgement, unwavering attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal skills. Oh, and you're funny. Come be clever, silly, and embrace the absurdity of modern social media with us.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and launch paid social media campaigns to grow Woot!'s social channels (FB / IG / Twitter). Responsibilities include campaign testing and knowledge sharing, reporting, etc.
• Help launch and fine-tune our expansion strategy and share learnings on a regular basis to make sure we are consistently growing.
• Develop and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Own Woot!’s social budget for paid follower campaigns, boosted organic posts, and potential partnerships, and make recommendations on how to get the most from our spend.
• Own both the paid and organic social posting calendars.
• Provide post copy as needed, while maintaining the company's voice and creative standards.
• Collaborate on creative content such as memes, animated GIFs, and short-form video.
• Find new ways to engage candidates via emerging social media channels (yes, that means TikTok) to drive awareness and followers.
A day in the life
You're in Facebook Ads Manager, looking at how your campaigns are doing. You're excited because your targeting is getting us tons of new FB and IG followers for like 25 cents each.
Then you hop into Sprinklr to make sure everything looks good for your organic posts which you previously scheduled. You continue working on a couple of other ideas for future posts (probably that young Michael Scott shaking hands meme).
Then you have a meeting where you tell the traffic team how awesome your campaigns are doing, and everyone gives you a standing ovation and you get a pony.
About the team
The Creative team at Woot! is in charge of a bunch of stuff: copy and ideas for the site, app, social, and emails. We also coordinate most Merchandising, which includes cross-site events and customer games (which we call Shenanigans).
Oh, and we manage the Woot! Community forums, where we interact with customers about products and pretty much anything else. Did we mention that we also sell Bags o' Crap for $10? That's something else we do.
So, basically we're in charge of customer engagement and the brand voice. Which sounds like this: (INSERT COOL ACCENT HERE).
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience in social media marketing, ideally managing paid social media campaigns.
• Experience generating and executing paid social media campaigns across platforms with a track record of growing social channels.
• Hands-on experience in using Facebook Ads and Business Tools, Google Ad Manager, TikTok Spark Ad, etc.
• Ability to use metrics to articulate “why” specific types of campaigns and/or content are successful, to internal teams and to leadership.
• Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders on creative concepts and copy.
• Ability to think big and propose innovative strategies to maximize reach and engagement.
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills
• Ability to quickly react to current social trends and take advantage of new developments
• Ability to give and receive feedback in a creative setting
• Sense of humor and a natural knack to know what works on social
• You’re weird
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.