There is nothing COOLER than thinking and developing a brand-new IoT protocol like Sidewalk.
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to help build and maintain analytics platforms in Sidewalk Network Health and Analytics team.
About the Role
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will work closely with internal teams to improve and solve large scale analytics. You will leverage your analytical skills to provide insights on the end-to-end architecture and drive optimization. You must be willing to own, you will be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must also be able and willing to multi-task and open to learn new technologies quickly. You are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and you never shy away from a challenge.
Ideally, you have hands-on experience with python and jupyter notebooks, you have familiarity with AWS infrastructure and running cloud operations.
A successful candidate will need excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with software developers and managers that will be contributing and leveraging the analytics platform. If you are interested on building and managing large scale platforms, this position will provide you with a unique opportunity to deploy analytics at scale in a platform for real-time operations.
About the team : Amazon Sidewalk
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn’t have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
Key job responsibilities
- Broad cross-functional engineering interaction to deliver analytics real-time for Amazon Sidewalk
- Strong analytical and quantitative data-analysis; use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Drive system level integration of telemetry and analytics.
- Bachelor degree or Master Degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in analytics, data science, data engineering, software engineering, or related field
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Experience in Python
- Experience using notebook solution such Jupyter to conduct reproducible data analysis and modeling projects
- Experience on deploying and maintaining analytics at scale
- 3 years working as a data scientist or related fields
- 2 years of experience as tech Lead
- Industry experience as admin for Splunk, Elasticsearch or similar technology
- Understand system level architecture
- Experience with large scale systems industry experience deploying large scale systems on AWS
- Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/BI tools and environments
- Experience with large datasets (billions of rows)
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment