Do you love video games and helping developers? The AWS Game Tech organization is looking for a passionate and technical Product Manager to lead creating and building the next generation of developer tools for developing immersive 3D experiences. Over the last several years the games industry has grown tremendously and needs new tools to support this growth, to accommodate shifts to distributed teams, and to meet the ever-increasing quality expectations of gamers. Come join us in combining your innovative thinking with the power of the AWS cloud to amplify the creativity and productivity of thousands of game developers across the globe. We need your help creating and growing new and existing services.
Key job responsibilities
You will be responsible for and own the end-to-end delivery of new features, products, and services for game developers; you will own the entire product life cycle from conception through launch and growth. This will require a combination of strategic thinking, business problem solving, working with new and existing technologies, and deep empathy for game developers.
A day in the life
As part of the Game Engine & Developer Services team, on a typical day you might:
* Meet with customers to better understand their needs
* Work closely with our engineering and design teams to build consensus, drive priorities, and deliver results
* Propose innovative, new solutions to customer needs
* Coordinate with internal teams across Amazon to deliver integrated features for our customers
* Work with executive stakeholders to align strategies spanning multiple teams
* Participate in industry conferences to stay up to date with the games industry
About the team
The Game Engine & Developer Services team is dedicated to building cloud-enabled tools to enhance the capabilities of game developers across the globe, including through our contributions to the Open 3D Engine (o3de.org (http://o3de.org/)). As part of the product team, you will shape AWS’s roadmap and create products and services to create transformative tools for thousands of game developers across the globe.
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or technology management
* MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
* Experience with gaming technologies
* Experience with cloud services
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience shipping complex technical products where developers are the customer
- Strong track record of shaping business strategy and leading product teams in building online services
- Deep technical background, especially in cloud services; experience working closely with engineering teams to define the product, and make hard trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market
- Ability to develop detailed, crisp business requirements, user stories that can be used to create product and API specifications and architecture for services across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.