As a Senior Art Director in the Custom Advertising team, you will be leading one-of-a-kind campaigns for a wide range of global brands from creative brief to launch. You'll work with a team of art directors, copywriters, designers, program managers, and content producers to create innovative work by coming up with campaign ideas using the Amazon’s canvas (i.e. Alexa, Twitch, IMDb, Prime Video). You'll lead projects and own client relationships, focusing on creating work that benefits the end customer while pushing the creative envelope.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will craft high-level creative strategies that solve business needs, think across Amazon platforms and beyond, manage complex projects, and create tailored content across channels driving the marketing objectives of advertisers. You will effectively communicate with key stakeholders (including Alexa, Twitch, Amazon Studios, and other Amazon internal partners), and external media and creative agencies. You will work with senior leadership to create processes and establish best practices that impact the broader department. And finally, you will work towards preserving the team culture of collaboration, teamwork, innovation, inspiration, and foster positive internal and agency relationships.
A day in the life
A day in the life
- Designing a trivia experience for a brand using Prime Video titles
- Translating campaign ideas into engaging presentation decks
- Innovating to create ‘never been done before’ creative ideas
- Using your UX/UI experience to wireframe and prototype your planned customer experience
- Presenting a campaign to brand clients and their partner media agency
- Writing documentation to improve creative processes
About the team
The Custom Advertising team is an internal, international group within Amazon Advertising that creates one-of-a-kind campaigns and activations for global brands. Using all of the different platforms within Amazon (i.e. Alexa, Twitch, IMDb, Prime Video), we create campaigns that reach millions of Amazon customers across our digital channels and out in the real world.
- An available online portfolio
- University degree (e.g. Bachelor’s or Diploma) in design or related field
- 6+ years significant experience in an agency or in-house setting delivering stand-out creative work on campaigns across a variety of digital and traditional touch-points
- Proven ability to ideate for film, print, digital, out-of-home, experiential and social content and advertising
- Passion for experimentation and innovation
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to juggle many projects and consistently deliver results despite competing priorities
- Experience driving creative alignment with leadership and stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills that demonstrate the ability to create campaign content that attracts, retains, and grows an audience
- Relentlessly high creative standards and exceptional attention to detail
- Understanding of technical integration of ideas, and the ability to build relationships with development roles and designers.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to gracefully defend creative decisions to leadership
- An understanding of creative development timelines and production process
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with multiple different stakeholders and regulatory requirements
- You are a scrappy, insightful, and innovative problem solver & self-starter
- You are part creative strategist, part storyteller, and a results-oriented creative marketing expert
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on creative projects
- You bring conceptual excellence to the work, inspiring clients and team members to raise the creative bar
- You regularly push your comfort zone to stretch and improve yourself, never thinking "that's not my job"
- You are passionate about technology, advertising, marketing, and are always keeping up with it
- You are ego-free and are highly collaborative, working with a diverse group of people and learning from them
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.