The Risk Management team within AWS is seeking a Risk Management Specialist to lead our U.S. regulatory and audit engagements. As part of the team, this role is responsible for collaborating across AWS business lines to ensure that we are in adherence with regulatory and audit expectations, facilitating our ability to grow and scale our risk management processes. The right candidate is a skilled risk leader with a deep understanding of the U.S. regulatory landscape and exceptional project management skills for addressing regulatory and audit requests in collaboration with internal stakeholders. As an experienced and industry professional, you will be seen as an expert in how AWS control systems and processes meet security and compliance standards, and will be able to articulate adherence effectively.
In this role, you will be given the opportunity to think big and look for innovative process changes to drive compliance through multiple organizations and teams.
Key job responsibilities
• Lead the coordination and execution of U.S. regulatory and audit exams/engagements
• Continuously evaluate the U.S. regulatory landscape and look around corners to ensure preparedness of business
• Manage projects and campaigns with excellent project management skills
• Operate a quality rhythm of the business for managing regulatory and audit expectations
• Field and address requests for team support in collaboration with internal stakeholders
• Bridge communication with risk management and AWS business teams to articulate regulatory and audit requirements/implementation
• Communicate to leadership the status and key deliverables of team initiatives, seek diverse opinions and coordinate improvement efforts
About the team
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), security is our highest priority. The AWS Security team is at the forefront of protecting our customers and providing them with the highest level of assurance. As regulation continues to evolve, we’re committed to helping customers respond to new rules and guidelines so that they can continue to grow and innovate.
• 8+ years of IT security audit, compliance and/or relevant regulatory experience
• 7+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience interfacing with U.S. regulatory and audit agencies
• Experience implementing risk frameworks at a financial service or IT company
• Experience in cloud technologies.
• Experience defining security, resilience and compliance strategies
• Highly organized and able to build trusting relationships with stakeholders at various levels of the organization
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload in ambiguous environments
• Experience effectively articulating recommendations/conclusions, both verbally and written
• Strong ability to motivate people, instill accountability and drive results
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.