AWS AI/ML is looking for world class scientists to join its AI Research and Education group working on computer vision problems. Our group develops new models and methods for classification, detection and segmentation to provide innovative solutions for our customers. We also perform research on multi-modality learning and large-scale representation learning. At AWS AI/ML you will invent, implement, and deploy state of the art computer vision algorithms and systems. You will interact closely with our customers and with the academic communities. You will be at the heart of a growing and exciting focus area for AWS. Join us to work as an integral part of a team that has diverse experiences in this space. We actively work in the following areas:
- Classification, detection, segmentation and tracking
- Self-supervised representation learning
- Multi-modality learning
- Image/Video synthesis
- Video understanding
- Model compression, distillation, sparsification, quantization
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- M.S. degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experiences in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or related areas.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, JAX, MXNet.
- Proficiency in Python or C/C++.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related disciplines.
- Published and/or presented papers at ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV or similar top-tier conferences and journals.
- Research experiences in the following areas: representation learning, natural language processing, generative models, video and speech understanding, transfer learning, model robustness and explainability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.