Request: ML Data Associate II
Do you love fashion? Are you interested in both fashion and technology industries? If so, you have found the right match! Amazon is seeking an experienced fashion professional to help curate fashion data to drive machine learning and computer vision development, and provide real-time feedback that power various Amazon Fashion products, launches, and features.
At Amazon Fashion Data Services, we work closely with our internal stakeholders to help them launch new products and features while supporting them throughout the entire lifecycle. We provide high-quality human-annotated services to support Amazon Fashion initiatives such as, Outfit Recommendations and Automated Collections on Detail Page, and “Alexa, what should I wear?” responses.
The Fashion Specialist will need to come up to speed very quickly using Amazon's internal tools, and will need to be able to evaluate a large number of garment images and define/optimize processes along the way. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of fashion knowledge and trends as well as what items of clothing work well together so that one can make the appropriate styling and outfit assessments.
· Review a queue of garment images for multiple internal tools and provide a thoughtful assessment of pieces to build an outfit
· Audits machine learning to ensure relevant styling and fashion knowledge
· Curates fashion and styling responses for Alexa utterances
· Manages time between varying machine learning tasks and short term side projects, in alignment with business priorities and monthly allocation
· Own and track personal contributions to meet daily/weekly/monthly team productivity goals
· Possess flexibility to quickly adapt to business needs/changes
· Execute tasks in a timely manner and to a high degree of quality
· Identify opportunities for efficiency and automation, and help implement those improvements
· Operate as a self-starter to stay focused on repetitive tasks for long periods of time
This is a virtual remote position hiring for employees located in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming Only
· 2+ years Fashion industry experience in fashion styling, merchandising, marketing, retail, design, or editorial work.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
· Bachelors or Associate degree in fashion or journalism, or equivalent experience.
· Experience in writing (i.e. copy writing, content editing or fashion blogging)
Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.