Sidewalk, a new long-term effort from Amazon, extends the low-bandwidth long range connectivity of IoT devices and service beyond homes into the neighborhoods and community while simplifying device setup and helping devices be always online. Sidewalk enables a range of IoT services experiences like helping find pets or valuables, to smart security and lighting, to diagnostics for appliances and tools. Sidewalk brings the IOT space to a whole new level!
We are seeking a results-driven senior product manager to join the Sidewalk Product organization and have end-to-end ownership of defining the network monitoring and management tools for a national network. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
This position is not restricted to the LAX area but requires vicinity to an Amazon Corporate office location.
Key job responsibilities
* Develop and lead the connectivity strategy and roadmap around Sidewalk Network to deliver a nationwide network with billions of end points
* Drive the requirements for new connectivity technologies and networking aligned with Sidewalk customers’ needs and use-cases
* Lead end-to-end product lifecycle for improvements to the Sidewalk Protocol
* Experience in bringing new connectivity technologies into services with a high degree of ambiguity by understanding customer needs and industry trends.
* Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
* Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across disciplines and levels in the organization.
* Work alongside hardware and software teams to deliver on time, with quality.
* Work cross-functionally with teams to execute product launches.
* Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the teams’ ability to meet goals.
* Drive strategies towards internationalization by working closely with Regulatory, software and hardware teams.
* Liaison and work with Industry partners in driving Sidewalk connectivity standardization efforts.
* Define and drive Sidewalk connectivity analytics
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Professional IoT end-end experience, network gateway and cloud experience.
- Experience with Network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Hands-on experience with networking IoT stacks (BLE, Lora, 5G/4G/LTE, Zigbee, Thread, Matter, Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, etc)
* MBA and/or advanced technical degree, from a top-tier program.
* Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other stakeholders in your products.
* Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results.
* Ability to uncover data insights and clearly communicate them to others.
* Ability to drive continuous improvement in product management functions and processes across the organization.
* Demonstrated history driving technical development in a project/program management capacity, including development of and reporting on complex program schedules.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.