Amazon is seeking a strong-judgement, self-motivated, and creative communications professional to join Seller Experience PR team. As a Public Relations Manager, you will be empowered to lead high visibility public relations initiatives for Amazon’s community of independent selling partners with a focus on proactive PR campaigns for new tools and services.
In this role, you will work closely with key business leaders, subject matter experts, marketing and legal teams to develop and execute PR campaigns and create timely responses to complicated and rapidly evolving news cycles. Candidates must be able to assess situational nuances, collaborate with stakeholders to ensure alignment on goals, strategy, and tactics, drive the approval process towards execution, and deliver desired outcomes.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing complex proactive PR campaigns and reactive issues with the press, they will crave autonomy and ownership, have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), a strong bias for action, and experience maintaining high standards under tight deadlines.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (business, legal, marketing, etc.), cross-functional teams (internal communications, social, etc.), and agency partners to create and drive PR plans
- Write press releases, blog posts, and media materials
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts
- Identify and leverage data to support storytelling efforts
- Show strong judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communication challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity
- Serve as liaison for international PR teams, helping to coordinate international plans and launches
- 8+ years of experience in Public Relations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Painstaking attention to detail
- Experience leading and executing highly successful proactive announcements
- Collaborative team player
- High ownership and commitment to delivering results
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience driving proactive B2B campaigns
- Experience serving as spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in media interviews
- Experience managing budgets and agencies
- Experience in issues management and working with reporters to improve the clarity of critical stories
- A network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively and reactively
- Proven ability to dive deep and quickly familiarize oneself on detailed and nuanced topics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.