We are seeking a creative and customer-obsessed Senior UX Designer to define and shape the future of customer-facing digital experiences. The Senior UX Designer will be a key voice in designing the vision and bringing it to life. You will create elegant, intuitive user interfaces that meet unique customer needs and work with a broader and large set of stakeholders. You will work closely with other designers, researchers, product management, engineering, and operational teams to successfully go from early stage product concepts to iterations and launches of new features and offerings.
Key job responsibilities
Your ideas come from people you have talked to, research you’ve conducted, and experiences you’ve had. You use a human-centered design approach to solve problems. You’re interested in inventing and simplifying complex systems. You’ve turned ideas from research into sketches and interactive prototypes, and tested them with end users. You thrive on ambiguity, are passionate about the craft of design, and are comfortable going from vision to execution and back to create bar raising experiences.
* Conceptualize and design design customer centric experiences at the intersection of healthcare, design, business and technology
* Drive design from initial concept through final implementation, working with across our team, as well as with partner teams across Amazon
* Use diverse inputs — market analysis, customer feedback, metrics, research findings — to identify and define new concepts and solutions to customer problems
* Develop and maintain detailed design specs for the end-to-end experience
* Communicate and specify design concepts, solutions, and needs to senior executives
* Contribute to UX best practices while continually advocating design thinking, process, and craft throughout our organization
About the team
We use using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. Design is a vital part of our company’s DNA — Amazon Pharmacy grew out of PillPack, which has been recognized by Time, Fast Company, and the Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design for our customer experience. You’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on our customers’ lives while designing the future of pharmacy and contributing to our mission of building the earth’s most customer-centric pharmacy.
* 6-8+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product design, or similar UX-related role. Background in human-centered design practice
* You have a strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success and depth of work in UX and visual design. A portfolio is required to apply for this role.
* You’re fluent in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
* You have experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
* You have strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture, and design
* You’re able to move quickly in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
* You're naturally curious and find inspiration beyond the screen; through the people you talk to, analogous experiences, and beyond
* You have experience designing services and delivering UX solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
* You have experience owning projects, communicating timelines, aligning stakeholders, and executing independently
* You confidently present a strong rationale for design decisions and rely on analytics and data (including qualitative data) to shape product decisions and track the effectiveness of change
* You have solid written, verbal, and presentation skills
* You’re committed to learning as well as making others successful and teaching through your expertise in design and technical knowledge
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $137,738-186,351/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.