Each day our customers push the boundaries for what is possible with AWS. Our team built the Open 3D Engine (O3DE), an Apache 2.0-licensed multi-platform 3D engine that enables developers and content creators to build AAA games, cinema-quality 3D worlds, and high-fidelity simulations without any fees or commercial obligations. But that's not all! O3DE is just the beginning and we are on a mission to democratize game development. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping developers create the highest quality games & simulations, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their content to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We are looking for a Senior Graphics Engineer to work on our cutting-edge rendering technology on the Graphics team. You will design, implement and optimize the renderer and its features for different platforms such as PC, console, and mobile.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We have a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining advanced graphics technology.
• Research and stay current with cutting edge rendering techniques, hardware and algorithms and work with the team to ensure they are performant on all supported platforms and GPUs.
• Drive design and architecture decisions that result in strong balance of performance, flexibility, and maintainability
• Work effectively with game engineers and artists on new rendering features and functionality
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of real-time rendering engineering experience
- Ability to code and architect core rendering systems
- Proficient in current real-time rendering techniques
- Developed rendering technology shipped in a high fidelity video game
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.