Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and e-sports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, and want to help developers around the world succeed and build these next-generation games -- come join us.
We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for a passionate technical product manager who stays abreast of innovations in the games industry and can use that knowledge to inspire big ideas and identify new business opportunities to accelerate customer success. An expert in data-driven product management and the experience to find new ways to validate a hypothesis when no direct data exists. We need a leader who thinks big, isn’t afraid of complex challenges, and moves with urgency and focus to drive key initiatives that positively impact our customers.
- Proactively understand game developers problems and incept large-scale ambitious projects that span multiple customers and segments.
- Define the vision, north star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
- Develop product strategies, roadmaps and tactical execution plans for solving customer problems.
- Understand growth levers and ensure execution is measured against those levers.
- Creates mechanisms that drive alignment and eliminate excess process.
- Ensure flow of communication in all directions including to management and key stakeholders.
- Drive strategic communication both internally and externally.
- Drive service awareness, adoption and partner with account teams to close opportunities.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
- 5+ years of product engineering experience.
- 5+ years in product management experience.
- Experience designing, building and shipping Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), or Platform as a Service (PaaS) sold to and/or integrated by a technical customer.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with gaming technologies.
- Deep knowledge of the core systems in one technology domain and/or broad understanding of systems/technologies in multiple domains.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role #AWS-FF-PMT
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.