Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is what unites Amazonians across teams and geographies as we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective. Come build the future with us.
Come join us to work hard, have fun, and make history!
Key job responsibilities
A Creative Design Associate combines art and technology to communicate ideas visually. Using computer software, they develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, digital platforms, magazines, and corporate reports. They work with both text and images and play a critical role in the sales and marketing of products. Graphic Designers must have a creative flair and strong sense of concept development. They work closely with clients, so they must be skillful relationship builders who can keep calm and steady with the fluctuating demands of their clients.
• Develop visual designs from concept to production, copy, and images for printed or digital materials.
• Utilize software such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop.
• Use project scheduling tools to monitor projects plan, work hours, budgets, and expenditures
• Collaborate with teammates or clients to align visions for materials or campaigns.
About the team
Amazon Jump Start employs emerging talent from high schools in historically excluded communities. Apprentices learn on-the-job and make valued contributions on behalf of customers. The program is a complement to in-classroom school learning, designed to accelerate a student’s future career prospects. Apprentices report directly to full-time Amazonians for a maximum 3-year period, increasing their standard work hours as competency level increases. Upon completion of the 3 years, apprentices can take the skills they have acquired into the broader marketplace, leverage their experience to pursue higher education, or apply for a suitable role within Amazon should an opportunity become available.
• Ability to work 16 hours per week
• Participant in the CareerWise New York Program
• Organized: You are responsible and possess discipline and determination. You are focused; a planner who likes to achieve and improve.
• Creative: You think outside of the box and like to look at things from a different perspective.
• Team Player: You like accomplishing things as part of a team.
• Good Communicator: You are comfortable talking with all different kinds of people, interests, and walks of life.
• Self-Starter: You enjoy learning on your own; you've frequently found tutorials or videos to help yourself learn how to do something.
• Dependable: You are reliable, responsible, and understand how important it is to be where you need to be, when you need to be there, and prepared for what you need to do.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.