Amazon Information Security is looking for an Application Security Engineer to join our Embedded Engagements team.
Our team approaches security challenges with empathy and curiosity to help service teams identify areas of improvement and guidance on how to remediate risk. Amazon Application Security focuses on enabling our builders to provide a secure and trustworthy experience to our customers without compromising the overall customer experience.
As a Security Engineer on our team, you will solve interesting security challenges that arise when Amazon invents new technologies. You will need a combination of technical and communication skills as well as a customer-focused mindset and a desire to continue to grow and learn from those around you.
Key job responsibilities
* Application security reviews
* Secure architecture design
* Threat modeling
* Projects and research work as needed
* Security training and outreach to internal development teams
* Security guidance documentation
* Security metrics delivery and improvements
* Assistance with recruiting activities
About the team
We are the Embedded Engagements team, a team that is devoted to helping amazon product teams raise their security bar through long-term consultation activities. Our team is also dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
* BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
* Ability to think creatively about potential problems and propose creative solutions
* Experience with customer facing roles and providing support
* Ability to work independently and comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience with security-focused code review in at least one major programming language (Java, Python, C++, etc)
* Experiencing with threat modelling and risk assessment
* Experience with penetration testing or similar adversarial security testing
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.