How would you like to deliver the center of the retail universe? How would you like to help thousands of engineers build rich shopping experiences each and every day for hundreds of millions of customers around the world?
Amazon’s Shopping Foundation’s team is looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager lead the delivery of the next generation mobile and web architecture. The ideal candidate combines the ability to deeply understand and balance a diverse set of customer needs, persuasive communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver large cross-functional programs. We want your help to develop the vision and roadmaps for our foundation that will serve Amazon’s iOS and Android shopping apps and website for the next decade. We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diverse perspectives.
In this role you will collaborate with other senior leaders, Product Managers, Principal Engineers, and Engineering leads and developers to plan and implement the strategic vision of our next generation foundation that will power delightful shopping Customer Experiences. You will influence without authority and mentor a team of technical product and product managers. You will own and build scalable mechanisms to listen, advocate, and balance needs of internal engineering customers and retail shopping customers. You will leverage your analytical skills and high judgement to set priorities and make difficult tradeoff decisions. You will use data and develop key north star metrics to ensure we deliver the right outcomes. You earn trust with your partners and you will regularly communicate key decisions, insights, and rationale to VPs, senior leaders, and key stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
As a part of this job, you will own a large and complex program portfolio and focus on challenging problems, like:
- What do we need to do to make thousands of Amazon engineers more productive and efficient in delivering bar raising customer experiences for our mobile apps and website?
- How do we measure the ROI of our initiatives?
- What do we need to do to ensure a consistent Amazon “look and feel” when hundreds of independent teams contribute to Amazon’s retail shopping experience? Which parts of the CX need to be consistent? Where do we give flexibility to innovate? How do we build guardrails into the developer experience to help teams move fast while adhering to standards that we set?
- What do we need to do to scale out our partner engagement model and balance the needs of our developer customers and the needs of our shopping customers?
A day in the life
- You will be the Single Threaded Leader for a cross-organizational and highly ambiguous program
- You will own the roadmap planning, prioritization, and communication with stakeholders
- You will work with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal
- You will identify obstacles and define strategies to mitigate the risks and be central in making high-judgement trade/off decisions
About the team
The mission of the Amazon's Web and Mobile Shopping Foundations (WMSF) team is to continually raise the bar for the Amazon shopping experiences and accelerate the ability for builders worldwide to deliver and operate innovative, consistent experiences easily and at increasingly lower total cost.
We own and operate the services and libraries that accelerate innovation and empower experience builders build delightful Customer Experiences for both Mobile and Web.
- Business or technical focused education background
- 6 to 10+ years of experience in leading large cross-functional technical products/programs.
- Experience in effectively communicating with technical and non-technical partners (written and verbal).
- Experience relying on analytics and data to cultivate deep customer empathy, shape product decisions and track effectiveness of change.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High attention to detail with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven track record of delivery.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working with globally diverse teams.
- Owner mentality, willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
- Delivered multiple strategically important and impactful products to market
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.