Are you driven by new technology and enjoy building software to solve complex business problems? Would you like to work on a variety of high impact and business-critical projects in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
We are looking for passionate software engineers who have experience building innovative and high-volume applications. This is a high visibility team where you'll make a direct positive impact on the customer experience. We are excited about our roadmap that involves building technology for new business initiatives with the opportunity to work on grounds-up product development.
Additionally, on this team you will interface with key stakeholders, both domestic and international, who use our platform to address the need to streamline their government security clearance workflow process. This includes managing globally regionalized resources, implementing enhanced security measures, and building micro-services for data-exploration and visualization of business insights across AWS.
A qualified candidate for this role enjoys building highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems using cloud-native architectural patterns. If you are interested in building services that allow AWS Security business to reach its innovative and aggressive goals, then we look forward to connecting with you.
Please note that this position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work
- Experience with modern programming languages (Python, C#, Java) and open-source technologies
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing and experience with agile development
- 3+ years professional experience in commercial/large scale system software development and delivery
- 5+ years of professional front end development
- Experience with building dynamic web applications and the APIs that power them (React, Redux, NodeJs, and/or Angular)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.