Do you want to have a large impact on a growing business? Do you want to have a wide breadth of ownership? Do you want to see your impact daily on both internal and external customers? Do you want to collaborate with the kind of folks who would enjoy selling something called a "Bag of Crap" almost as much as our customers love buying them?
Woot! is the original daily deals website, combining an entertaining shopping experience with deals so good they literally can't last long. Our engineering teams build the web and app experiences our customers use to browse and purchase, build the tools and automation that help us to find the right deals at the right time among millions of options, and build the tools that powers Woot's business.
You’ll get to learn, grow and work with amazing team to:
- Unlock Woot's growth by innovating the systems and tools that power Woot's business-within-a-business - customer service, fulfillment, and finance functions to name a few.
- Design, develop, and improve systems, owning the entire lifecycle - from working with the product team, to design and architecture, to implementation and release, to operations.
- Work closely with internal customers to drive new solutions that impact internal and external customers.
Woot! values work-life balance. We aim to work efficiently. Working long hours is an exception, not the rule. As an engineering team, we are builders and operators, and thus have an on-call rotation that you will participate on. Getting paged is not seen as inevitable, and we work to make our systems are more fault tolerant over time.
Inclusive Team Culture:
We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We seek to make every team member feel valued and connected. We are looking for a new teammate who is empathetic and curious and will further amplify our positive and inclusive culture.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience with AWS and/or distributed computing, serverless applications, and non-relational data stores.
- Working in a DevOps environment
- Experience as a technical lead role developing complex software that has successfully been delivered to customers
This position can be 100% virtual or based out of Dallas, Austin, Seattle, Arlington - HQ2.
For Colorado (or Virtual / Remote where job can be performed based in Colorado : The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700-$194,400, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.