AWS Security is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) who is excited about designing and building services that solve complex, ambiguous problems at the scale of the entire AWS cloud. This role will become part of a team creating a service that will lay the foundation for next generation security capabilities. The Senior SDE on the team will lead the design and implementation of a highly scalable and available service from end-to-end, and will raise the bar for quality and delivery through mentorship of other engineers on the team and across the organization. This is a highly visible role within a highly visible program at AWS and is one which provides significant opportunity to think big and deliver secure solutions for our customers.
As a member of the team you will be building on AWS for AWS. The team of engineers you will be joining is investing heavily in cloud-native and containerized technologies and has a strong focus on designing architectures which use purpose-driven compute and storage solutions that solve complex problems. We also own all parts of our service from beginning to end, including data pipelines and processing, analytics, and the interfaces our customers use, and we place a high value on collaboration and imagination in defining and creating our solutions. Therefore, you will have considerable opportunities to Learn and Be Curious and Invent and Simplify while Delivering Results that have an impact for customers across all of AWS.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Remote Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Key job responsibilities
A Senior Software Development Engineer on the team will:
· Lead the technical strategy for the service, including the design of architecture and code
· Create working software which delivers simple solutions to complex problems, from prototype through delivery
· Perform meaningful and timely code reviews
· Coach and mentor other members of the team
· Collaborate with team members to identify process improvements and define and communicate best practices
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Experience delivering software on the AWS cloud
· Experience delivering high-throughput data processing and analytics
· API and SDK development experience
· Experience creating service oriented architectures (SOA)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.