The Code Foundations team in Builder Tools is the centre of excellence for programming languages, service oriented architecture, and software curation at Amazon. We’re hiring a proven leader for the Rust team, which includes the key sets of libraries and technology that underpin Amazon's massive service oriented architecture.
Our libraries, frameworks, and tools are used in all aspects of the business, and their care and evolution are of critical importance to the effectiveness of Amazon. We're looking for a deeply technical leader interested in sustaining and evolving the service platform used by nearly every service within the company. Those with experience evolving broadly distributed and highly complex software libraries, such as large open source projects and mission critical foundational software stacks will be given an opportunity to have company wide impact.
*This position is open to candidates in Berlin as well as London.
Key job responsibilities
· Hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group;
· Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business;
· Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that delight our customers;
· Working on business strategy to define a compelling product roadmap;
· Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story;
· Clearly communicating risks and successes at the executive level as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable years of experience
· Several years experience of building, retaining, and managing high performing diverse and inclusive teams of engineers
· Proven skills in designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a large scale enterprise environment (using Java, C#, C++, or similar)
· A track record of delivery for large, cross-functional projects, including building roadmaps to meet organizational business goals on time
· Experience working with, developing, or contributing to industry software frameworks (RestEasy, gRPC, Jersey, Apache CFX, WCF, etc)
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Proven customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.